Created in 2011 by Digitalarti the Artlab aims to bring together artists and technicians in a creative and collaborative approach. The approach is multidisciplinary, at the crossroads between the possibilities of technology and inspiration of artists.
The Artlab is a creative space where artists collaborations with engineers design the outgoing works of their imagination. A place of research, development and prototyping dedicated to digital arts and artists provides advanced technical skills, as well as significant material resources to enable the production of works. Toutes works received within the Artlab are coproductions games featuring two actors : the artist with his original idea and Digitalarti with its production equipment, human and financial. It is in this place that co-productions are created in the son of prototypes, testing and research.
Artists are welcomed at Artlab 3 different ways:
– Resident: a collaboration between an artist and the Artlab Digitalarti leading to the production of a work
– Visitor: a project by an artist / technician autonomy, enjoying space, tools, atmosphere and guidance of the Artlab team (for free, in exchange for a participation in the life lab, exchange of expertise and knowledge …)
– Benefit: an artist entrusts the Artlab the realization of the technical part of the project
The “Resident” option is the most frequent one. Projects are selected according to several criteria: artistic quality, technical knowledge of the artist, potential impact on the career of the artist, technical contribution to the development of Artlab, project and artist integration capacity in the life of Artlab, international diffusion potential of the creation.
In addition to it’s team of engineers, technicians and designers, the Artlab has numerous machines from computer-aided tools, CNC, 3D printers, laser cutting and electronic card engraving including:
1. Digital / Computer: The Artlab is equipped with several computers with all available operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OSX)
2. PCB PCB: the Artlab have the necessary equipment for the production of printed circuits prototypes.
3. Post electronic work: The Artlab is equipped with the tools necessary for basic or advanced electronic assembly and with many electronic parts and kits
4. Grinder Proxxon®
5. Digital milling Proxxon®
6. Two jigsaws Proxxon®
7. Laser cutters Full Spectrum Laser®
8. Renita Ingrave 3D software
9. 3 x 3D printers including Machine FDM or Fused deposition UP Plus 2
10. Wood and metal Lathe
11. Various 3D software including nccad8
The Artlab has also several tools that can be found in fablabs and other prototyping tools spaces like:
– Small and large drill to Proxxon® column
– Various tools